The Apollo® II solar roofing system packs sleek yet powerful solar energy production into a low-profile roofing system. Featuring solar shingles that are capable of being installed with either a new or existing asphalt shingle roof, an Apollo II system offers clean energy without the bulky look of racks and panels.
- Beauty: The all-black solar shingles blend into your roof line and provide a clean aesthetic.
- Efficiency: 14 high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells provide a power rating of 70 watts per solar shingle.
- Simple to Install: No need to find rafters or flash penetrations in the roofing system. Solar shingles are installed directly into the roof sheathing using standard deck screws. Fastening points are covered by subsequent solar shingles, the same way that asphalt shingles are installed.
- Lightweight: The Apollo II system weighs about as many pounds per square foot as a typical asphalt shingle roof.
- Durable: Apollo II solar shingles withstand up to 250 pounds per square foot.
- Wind resistant: The Apollo II system can be installed in any wind zone, including Florida’s high velocity hurricane zone.
- Watertight: Water channels and raised fastener locations provide added protection against water intrusion. With more than 110 years of roofing experience, we know how to keep water out of your home.
Apollo® II undergoes rigorous testing to ensure that it functions not just as your roof, but also your source of efficient, clean energy. We test to the same rigorous wind, wind-driven rain and fire standards that CertainTeed’s shingles are subjected to. Extended internal reliability testing ensures that your system will generate power reliability for 25 years.
You count on your solar system to generate electricity reliably for a long time – 25 years. How many solar companies do you know that have been in business for even half of that time? CertainTeed has been delivering high quality products to the building industry since 1904. We will be around to honor your warranty!
Please take the time to understand how CertainTeed protects your purchase by standing behind our products and the professional installation of those products by our Credentialed Solar Installers. To discuss this in greater detail, contact a CertainTeed Credentialed Solar Installer in your area.
Applying a solar roofing system correctly is essential to the safety, proteection of your property as well as the performance of the system. Backed by more than 110 years of excellence in the roofing industry, CertainTeed provides a comprehensive set of installation instructions and trains each of our solar installers on proper installation techniques. CertainTeed-credentialed solar installers are selected to ensure the highest quality workmanship, and we back their installation of your Apollo II system for up to 25 years. Find out more by contacting a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer.
When an Apollo II system is installed by a CertainTeed-credentialed solar installer, the professional installation of the system is warranted as follows: